Sunday 14 April 2013

Starting out


Not being a natural blogger I've taken the unusual decisions to write a blog that Chronicles the process of building out new home with the Australian Builder Coral Homes.

My reasons for taking this action are complex, firstly having tried to do research on various builders I tend to find that people only ever post reviews that are incredibly negative, because they have had something go very wrong, and feel they didnt get the response they deserved, where people who got OK to good service (and you would hope that's the majority) tend to say little or nothing.

Given this scenario its very hard to get a balanced opinion on any particular organisation, and when your working on a project as large as building your own home then this can be a little frustrating.

So my solution to this problem is to start out with the intention of writing a review (blog) as the building process happens, this way readers can be fairly sure that if I've got anything positive or negative to say then it will have a context.

Another thing I should say is that I intend to make Coral Homes aware of this blogs existence, and this fact may affect their service and what/when I write it, for instance I may not publish details or information that affects critical decisions or negotiations, until after the information can have no negative effect.

So, there are my intentions, how the next months unfold are something of an unknown, and whilst I hope for the best there is every opportunity for the worst.




No comments: